Besides acquiring a student’s visa to study in Canada, one also has to meet the requirements of the Canadian Immigration Act and Regulations. Only successful compliance with the same will yield a student permission to enter Canada.One needs to submit the following documents along with their visa application:
- Completed Student Application form.
- Completed Supplementary Questionnaire (students and postdoctoral researchers)
- Official acceptance letter from the chosen Canadian university, college or technical institute.
- In case plan to study in Quebec, a Certificate of Acceptance from the province of Quebec.
- TOEFL/IELTS scores, if applicable.
- Passport, valid for at least one year from the planned date of entry to Canada, plus valid passports of any accompanying dependents.
- Bank draft for the applicable visa processing fees.
A student must substantiate his/her ability to pay for the tuition fee, pay for day-to-day living for himself and his family, and pay for return ticket back to the country of origin once the program comes to an end. Once the essential documents have been submitted, a student may be called for an interview with a Canadian Visa Officer. Thereafter a student along with his accompanying family members would be instructed on taking a medical examination. On successful completion of the required formalities, the candidate would be issued a visa if there are no other concerns with the application.